The Sitges Pitchbox program presents seven fantastic genre fiction feature film projects at a pitching session. Those selected will have seven minutes and visual support to present their proposals in front of the participating companies. Producers and accredited professionals attending the Festival are invited, and the candidates will also be able to share a session of one-to-one meetings with them.
The projects’ subject matter can be classified as horror, science fiction or fantasy. A jury of experts evaluates the proposals and awards three different categories of prizes (project development and two invitations to different international film festivals), granted thanks to the Diputació de Barcelona, the Provincial Council. The call-up is in collaboration with the Filmarket Hub platform. You can check the competition rules in this link.
Each edition includes the participation of a celebrity from the audiovisual sector. Actor Ron Perlman will be the person in charge of kicking off Pitchbox 2018, while last year it was director Guillermo del Toro, Academy Award winner for The Shape of Water (2017).
The Pitchbox 2018 event will take place on October 5th at 10.30am at the Hotel Meliá Sitges. Pre-registration is required. If you wish to attend the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sitges Pitchbox 2018 winners
Official prizes for the selected projects:
• 1st prize: project development – 5,000€
• 2nd prize: travel expenses to attend and present the project at the BIFFAN, Bucheon International Film Festival (South Korea).
• 3rd prize: travel expenses to attend and present the project at the Blood Window, the fantastic genre section of the Ventana Sur Festival (Argentina).
• IFFAMACAO Award: travel expenses to attend and present a selected project at The Crouching Tigers Project Lab, coproduction and co-financing meetings as a part of the International Film Festival & Awards in Macao.
• Catalan Films & TV Award: travel expenses to attend and present the best Catalan project at the Blood Window del Festival Ventana Sur (Argentina).
- Call opening: July 6th.
- Call deadline: August 29th.
- Announcement of selected projects: September 7th.
- Event: October 5th.