ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING THE IMPACT ON THE FESTIVAL DUE TO THE ENFORCEMENT OF THE NEW DECREE IN CATALONIA
The Sitges International Film Festival of Catalonia Foundation, in response to the decree concerning public health measures to contain the epidemic outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic in Catalonia, has adopted a series of measures in order to adapt its protocols to the new restrictions. In this regard, the Festival remains firmly committed to protecting the health and safety of all viewers and workers. As of 12 midnight on Friday, October 16th, 2020, the Festival's schedules, seating capacity and activity development will be modified.
Below are details of the main modifications:
1. Reduction of seating capacity to 50% in all the Festival's theaters (Auditorium, Tramontana, Prado, Retiro and Brigadoon).
2. All scheduled screenings starting after 11 pm are cancelled.
3. All of the Festival's parallel events are cancelled: screenings at the Hort de Can Falç, screenings and activities at the Miramar Cultural Center, the Bloodmuts and the Puck Caravan Cinema.
4. The Fanshop Area (stands fair) in front of the San Sebastian Chapel is cancelled.
5. The Foodtàstic Food Truck Area will remain open but only with take-away service, pending clarification by PROCICAT.
6. The scheduled double bills are reduced to the screening of a single film. Please check the listings.
The Festival will return the cost of the tickets purchased for the cancelled screenings directly to the purchasers in the same account or card where the purchase was made.
With this series of measures, the Festival increases its protection protocol against Covid-19, making its theaters a safe space for screening. Remember that the Festival's entire official circuit has a customized control system that can be consulted on the website www.sitgesfilmfestival.info